Wikipedia:Requests for page protection
|Requests for page protection|
This page is for requesting that a page, file or template be protected. Please read up on the protection policy. Full protection is used to stop edit warring between multiple users or to prevent vandalism to high-risk templates; semi-protection and pending changes are usually used only to prevent IP and new user vandalism (see the rough guide to semi-protection); and move protection is used to stop pagemove revert wars. Extended confirmed protection is used where semi-protection has proved insufficient (see the rough guide to extended confirmed protection)
After a page has been protected, the protection is listed in the page history and logs with a short description indicating why it was protected, and the article is listed on Special:Protectedpages. Further discussion should take place on the Talk page of the article. In the case of full protection due to edit warring, admins do not revert to specific versions of the page, except to get rid of obvious vandalism.
Note: Editors should not consider requesting page protection as a method for continuing an argument from elsewhere nor as a venue for starting a new discussion regarding article content. If a request contains excessive argument, appears to be intended to resolve a content dispute, includes personal attacks or uncivil comments, or has any other unrelated discussion, it will be removed from this page and no action will be taken.
|2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021|
Current requests for increase in protection level
Request protection of a page, or increasing the protection level
- Comment There's a reliable source available for the assertion here. OhNoitsJamie Talk 22:13, 26 October 2021 (UTC)
Temporary semi-protection: Persistent disruptive editing. Increase in unsourced additions from new and anonymous users (IPs), the former mostly being single-purpose accounts, due to recent developments in the conflict. CentreLeftRight ✉ 06:49, 28 October 2021 (UTC)
- Semi-protected for a period of one week, after which the page will be automatically unprotected. Malcolmxl5 (talk) 11:36, 28 October 2021 (UTC)
Current requests for reduction in protection level
Request unprotection of a page, or reducing the protection level
using the plural form "they" for her/she is grammatically WRONG regardless what this nutcase wants to be refered as.. Please unprotect so "they" can be corrected to "IT"
- Automated comment: A request for protection/unprotection for one or more pages in this request was recently made, and was denied at some point within the last 8 days.—cyberbot ITalk to my owner:Online 01:25, 28 October 2021 (UTC)
- Declined Article not identified. And be civil about the subject next time. Malcolmxl5 (talk) 11:08, 28 October 2021 (UTC)
Reason: It has been 10 years since the page has been protected and during this 10 years, less than 100 edits have been made, less than 10 edits per year.
- Comment. This appears to have been placed under indefinite semi-protection as a result of a community discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents/La goutte de pluie (see the section: "3.5.1 Alternative: Put disputed articles on 1RR+semi"). I’m not sure if a community discussion is now needed to undo the protection. Malcolmxl5 (talk) 11:31, 28 October 2021 (UTC)
Reason: There's no point to protect to this level a talk page with low traffic for some time (but with all legitimate and reasonable content and no record of vandalism), not to mention it's a talk page of a redirect. Even if such a talk page is to be protected the time length should be short (in the hours or at most days) and affected users should have been allowed to have edits as "pending changes". 188.8.131.52 (talk) 11:59, 28 October 2021 (UTC)
Current requests for edits to a protected page
Request a specific edit to a protected page
Please request an edit directly on the protected page's talk page before posting here
In the section "which lighthouse?", to add as a reply to MSGJ ":[[File:ACTD003159 - Farolim da Ponta S. da Península.jpg|thumb]] What about the one in this picture? Is it the same lighthouse? 184.108.40.206 (talk) 12:03, 28 October 2021 (UTC)" 220.127.116.11 (talk) 12:03, 28 October 2021 (UTC)
A historical archive of previous protection requests can be found at Wikipedia:Requests for page protection/Archive.