Public holidays in Ghana
|1 January||New Year's Day|
|7 January||Constitution Day||Constitution of 1992 and Fourth Republic 1993.|
|6 March||Independence Day||Dominion of Ghana established within the Commonwealth of Nations in 1957.|
|Friday before Easter||Good Friday||Crucifixion of Jesus|
|Monday after Easter||Easter Monday|
|1 May||May Day||Worker's Day|
|1 Shawwal||Eid al-Fitr||Festival of Breaking the Fast|
|4 August||Founders' Day||Honors The Big Six who worked for Ghana's independence.|
|10 Dhu al-Hijjah||Eid al-Adha||Feast of the Sacrifice|
|21 September||Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Day||Birthday of Nkrumah, first prime minister (1957-1960) and first president (1960-1966) of Ghana|
|First Friday in December||Farmers' Day||Recognizes farmers and fishermen.|
|December 25||Christmas Day||Birth of Jesus|
|December 26||Boxing Day|
- Introduced by the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, National Farmers' Day was organized as a day’s activity for the nation to honor its hard working farmers, with certificates and prizes, who excelled in their contributions to improve the agricultural sector. In 1988, the first Friday of every December was designated by the government as Farmers' Day and is celebrated as a statutory Public Holiday.
- With the exception of Farmers' Day which is always on a Friday, when these dates fall at the weekend, the following Monday tends to be declared a holiday.
- Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Day is celebrated in commemoration of the birthday of Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, the first President of Ghana.
- The Constitution Day is a newly designated Public Holiday, which will be observed starting on 7 January 2019.
It is not mandatory that all Ghanaian institutions/organizations recognize public holidays. Institutions/organizations that are exempt include; The Ghana National Fire Service, food vendors, some category of hotels, health service providers such as hospitals, dealers in pharmaceutical products etc.
- "Constitution Day in Ghana in 2021". Office Holidays. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- "Public holidays in Ghana in 2021". Calendarific. Retrieved December 11, 2020.
- "Farmers' Day 2020, 2021 and 2022 in Ghana". PublicHolidays.africa. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- "Farmers' Day 2020, 2021 and 2022 in Ghana". PublicHolidays.africa. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "Farmer's Day in Ghana in 2020". Office Holidays. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "Today remains Founder's Day - Mahama". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- "Holidays in Ghana 2019". goldchestgh.com. Retrieved 2019-01-20.